Tuesday 20 April 2010

Rally Focus: LFJ 844W




Well instead of doing one mammoth post I have decided to cover the rally in stages. So to start off is the bus I spent easily the longest amount of time on, on Sunday, LFJ 844W. Of course this bus has always been close to my heart seeing as she was the last VR to operate at Torpoint. 844 had always been my favorite and I was so glad that she passed into preservation.


So here she is on her first outing of the year. I picked up the trip at Milehouse with my associates for the day before steaming down the A38 to Liskeard where we joined VOD 124K and VDV 760. VOD blasted off ahead while 844 and 760 convoyed all the way down to Penzance. Around three hours later we arrived while 844 had a break, and met up with sister bus LFJ 858W, now owned by Mark Howarth (Western Greyhound) which will feature in a post tomorrow. I don't believe the two would have ever met up in their working lives even though they are numbered closely. They were both based in very different areas. 844 then took a rest, before running three services in the day. 


I then joined her for the run back upto Plymouth. Really is a fantastic bus and so thank you to the drivers and owners of the bus for the trip. The journey would have been a lot more difficult without them! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a excellent articlе аnd
cеrtainly hеlρeԁ сlеаr my mind somеwhat

my blog - irish silver jewellery

Anonymous said...

I аm glaԁ thаt Google brought уour sitе up for my seaгch - it
helpеԁ

mу blog - birthstone Necklaces

Anonymous said...

I hope уou will not minԁ me stoρpіng by and thanking you for thе article -
іt helpeԁ

Feel free to ѵіsit my homеpage
:: Sterling Silver Jewellery for Kids