Wednesday 17 October 2012

Buckfastleigh via Accrington?


While pacing my way through Lancashire on Monday, I came across this Olympian parked down a side road near Accrington Bus Station, so thought it worth going out and having a look! To my, well, astonishment, N721 LTN which some of you may remember as being Stagecoach Devon 16721, was blinded up for an X38 to Buckfastleigh! After looking back through my own collection, and other people's photos, it appears that Pilkington's have never actually bothered re-programming the blind from its days with Stagecoach. A majority of the time it appears to be left with 'megabus.com' on the blind, which was indeed the case when I photographed it last in August of this year (pictured below). Nice bit of free advertising for them! Shame really, as its an very well presented bus for a small independent, but blinds definitely don't seem to be the company's strong point. 

No comments: