Monday 17 September 2007

WHOTT bus rally




Before any of you ask no I wasn't at the Duxford showbus I was at the much better WHOTT rally at Westpoint!




My day started off being up at Loddiswell for 6:00 to get the buses ready and off. Except no one turned up until 6:50. But anyway when they did arrive it was opening up all the garages and moving buses to get others out. But most were already up at Westpoint so not all of them had to be driven up that morning. First I cleaned up the cab of the Western National tow truck. Then Filling buses up with water ad oil and fuel. And then right at the last moment was cleaning down with polish Colin Billington's beautiful Bristol REL Royal Blue coach. It was then off to Westpoint and I got the liberty of going down in the Royal Blue RE. Never been on an RE and I was asponished on how nice they were. And being able to do 70mph along the motorway.




When we reached Westpoint we were directed into posision and I went up to the entrence. from there I took pictures of all the buses arriving as we were one of the first so gave me a good oppotunity to take lots of photos. Then we went round the grounds taking pictures and then had a good chat with Paul. Owner of the newly painted LFJ 844W which was in my view the best bus at the show. Looking apsolutely beautiful in her old livery. LFJ 844W will also be at Winkleigh on 7th October so come along to that aswell. Then it was looking around all the buses. Then a ride on a lovely Bedford VAL. Never been on one of those eigther. Then more looking then a ride of a Leyland Atlantean. Then more looking and talking.




Most pictures are avalible at my new Flickr acount but I didn't realise that you can only put 200 pictures on it. So I couldn't fit them all on. On http://www.flickr.com/ just type in LFJ 847W or something along those lines. My username is bristolvrboy.




See you at Winkleigh

No comments: