Sunday 12 April 2009

Bad news for LFJ 844W

Bad news came to my ears today after an event that WNPG were attending that I missed. Ex Torpoint Ferrybus LFJ 844W as you know has always been my favorite. Though at pick up from Loddiswell where she is now stored because of FDC not wanting the preservation buses in the depot she was found to have problems. After a little while of trying there was no hope in getting her going. Damage or freezing seems to have occurred over the winter period and she is currently a non starter. The damage may also have occurred when she was being transferred from the depot at Plymouth just 2 days ago when she was running a dream. Possibly run too hard on her first outing for many months? Therefore all WNPG could take to the rally today were 2 cars in the form of Paul's Vauxhall Astra and Mike's Renult Clio.




I do hope she can be fixed soon though is disappointing that this has happened. While at Torpoint 1200/38844 was always a totally reliable bus. I have also just added a video of her to Youtube which I hope you will enjoy. The link for the video is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DxQu81oXd4




Though no sooner do I mention her than Derrick Cuff sends me a picture of her during her time at Torpoint.

No comments: