Monday 18 October 2010

Spectra on a visit

With thanks to Tom Pearce I can bring you the news (and photo) of Wilts and Dorset Optare Spectra HJ02 WDN, which has been at Plymouth Citybus for a refit. The bus travelled down from her home in Poole. She has come down for a retrim of the seats and possibly a repaint, seeing as she is still in the old Wilts and Dorset livery. I must admit though I do by far prefer this livery than the newer version they've come up with . This livery really sits well on the Spectra, as did it with nearly all of the types they run. I must admit I wouldn't mind a few of these in Plymouth! Even with the slightly dated styling these are actually newer than most of the PCB double deck fleet, including some of the new Volvo B7 deckers! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, as W&D are operating large numbers of Olympians still, I'd say you've got no chance of getting some of these in Plymouth!

Laurence Mayhew said...

In that case we'll have some Olympians in exchange for the Volvo B7 deckers! Yes they look very nice and the public love them, but they just don't build them like they used to!