Sunday 31 October 2010

Snap on Sunday: Unusual Line Up

Earlier in the week I was pretty lucky in timing it perfectly to get this shot of all of Plymouth's major service operators in one shot! The four in the photo from bottom to top are Plymouth Citybus, Western Greyhound, First and Target Travel. Extremely rare to get such a perfect lineup on Royal Parade. Usually other services would be mixed in with it and would cause duplicates, or the less frequent services would be missing such as Western Greyhound's, and Target Travel, but it all just fell into place for this shot! Now the question is, which bus would you pick!? 

5 comments:

torpoint driver #23 said...

Greyhound Vario then Citybus then First and lastly Target Travel

Nick said...

I'd get in contact with the City Council if I were you, as they could certainly do with a shot like this for their timetables and publicity.

RE: Buses, for me it would have to be the Marshall Minibus, just to see if it lives up to the types diabolical reputation and detonates itself mid journey. Plus it's quite an obscure and rare bus now.

Anonymous said...

Citybus - any day for me.

anthony said...

There's only one good bus there the First Volvo Olympian

Laurence Mayhew said...

Thats quite a good idea Nick, I may do that actually, good thinking! Fair call on wanting to try the Marshall. They really are shocking buses, rattle around all over the place, I ended up out of my seat several times. I did have a video of one but unfortunately its dead along with the old Drive! Ah well.

I must admit for me it would undoubtedly be the Volvo Olympian. As Anthony says, the only proper bus there!