Sunday 13 March 2011

Snap on Sunday

Yesterday, surprisingly for the first time, I took a trip on FDC's 6 from Penzance to Mousehole. Of course this route has always been renowned for its incredibly difficult manoeuvres around the village of Mousehole. I've seen plenty of photos of it, but actually being there for yourself you get a real sense of how tight the roads really are. If I get time I shall post a video at some point. I did the trip there on Vario, 52526, which though struggled, did get through comparatively comfortably. The Solo on the other hand found it much harder to get through and it got very close to the walls either side, but the driver negotiated it with much professionalism! 52526, one of only 2 Varios still in service with FDC, is pictured here resting by Mousehole harbour. 

1 comment:

Peter said...

Ah - my home village.

If you thought the Solo struggled, you should have experienced the LHSs with no power steering!