Tuesday 14 August 2007

Happenings on the ferries






Forgot to mension that yesterday was my 100th post. Doesn't seem like it. Its all gone very quickly.






As I said yesterday Plymouth Sound is currently out of action. I have been down to Cremyll today to see what was happening with Plymouth Sound. All Riece told me was she wasn't running. Luckily Luke Farley was on hand to tell me that she is currently sitting in Mashfords boatyard in Cremyll fitting the new part probebly the pipe that was ordered last night. I forgot this but Luke pointed out that they really need her running by this evening as they have some 120 odd passengers booked on the boat for Plymouth's Annual firework champions happening tonight and tommorow and they wouldn't be able to get a replacement boat as nearly every boat on the Tamar is giving opperating the show.






The Cawsand ferry Western Maid has been out of action today because of the bad weather so are having to go all the way round via the Torpoint ferry or via the Cremyll ferry.






And thee was a boat catamaran I spotted in Cremyll today being passed by the 'Spirit of Plymouth' and I have no idea what it was. If anyone knows please leave a comment. Thanks.

No comments: