Saturday 25 August 2007

93 Maflower Link




Well yesterday I though I would go and have a journey on the newly re-branded '93 Mayflower Link' from Plymouth to Dartmouth. I got aboard the Dennis Trident pictured above 32803. I also picked up from the driver a new booklet with a route map and timetables in. I've never been on an older Trident like this one but was expecting it to be quite fast just like our Torpoint Tridents but I was shocked at the speeds we were accelerating at and especially going up the hills. I would go as far as saying slower than the old VRs. And they weren't that comfortable either. But oh well. It is a lovely route lasting around two hours thought it took me 2hr 20mins because of a broken down lorry in Streat. And we were sat there idel for about 15 mins. I think the best bit of the route is the stretch of road along Slapton sands. I would have loved to have done the route back when the VRs used tto run it. Just makes me regret it more that I hadn't been a bus enthusiast when they were the norm in Plymouth. I then had an hours wait for the next 93 in Dartmouth so took the opportunity to take a few pictures of the fast number of boats up there and maybe have a ride on the Edgcumbe Belle. Sadly the ex-Millbrook Steamboat was not operating that day but did get the picture of her above. Then it was back on the bus again but sadly on a low floor Dart and an old one. It was actually one I had been on at the start of the Summer in St Ives 46420. Not the nicest ting to be on when the bus is crowded and you are on it for 2 hours.

No comments: